Follow Me On Pinterest!

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Tacky Tuesday Challenge #6!

Hey everyone!!

How are we doing?! Things are pretty fabulous over here! I was so kindly asked to be a part of the design team for this Tacky Tuesday Challenge #6 and ofcourse said yes!! (who wouldn't right?) The challenge is to make a card with a 'car' cut (from cricut cart or svg) and include the word 'roll' or 'wheel'. When thinking in my head what kind of card I wanted this to be I immediately knew I wanted it to be a 'man' card. Then I started picturing black and white with a neat looking car. And this is what I came up with!!:
It was actually REALLY hard for me to think of a unique saying that included 'roll' or 'wheel'. Then I found this vellum quote 'Oh, the places you'll go -Dr. Suess. How cute is that?? Thought it went together well.

I rounded the corners of my card with my fabulous Corner Chomper. I've had this piping trim for many years and came across it in my ribbon tote and immediately knew it would go so well! I glued it down on the inside top flap so just the piping would show from the front of the card.

I used my black Sharpie and a ruler to 'stitch' around my open stock paper after rounding the corners and adding two strip of black ribbon.

My car was cut at 4" from Wrap It Up cart on gray paper from Hippie Chic mini stack. I embossed it with my Cuttle Bug



I used the extra pieces of paper to accent the inside of the card and to cover the ribbon I glued down on the inside of the card.
OK, Phew! Did you get all of that?? I sure hope so! I hope you like the card. I am extremely honored that Ruthie asked me if I would be part of the team for Tacky Tuesday Challenge #6! Thanks soooo much Ruthie and to everyone who voted for my card in the previous challenge!! Don't forget to leave me a comment because I cherish each and every one of them....and become a follower of my blog....if you want to....no pressure....just sayin'!! ha ha ha!! Now go have fun and be sure to check out the other 2 oh so fabulous designers for this challenge!!

xoxo Charity

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your card is very cute. Please visit my blog I have an award for you.

http://priscrafteeescape.blogspot.com/2011/05/my-third-award-cricut-tastic.html