Follow Me On Pinterest!

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Lasting Memories Challenge #55

Good morning everyone!!!

First, I want to start by saying Thank You to all the Men, Women and Children affected by the tragedies ten years ago. You will always be in my heart, my thoughts and my prayers. Today is a day I will never forget what I was doing and where I was and how that day unfolded. It marks a time in history we will always remember and need to remember. Thank You for the sacrifices you made, the bravery you shown and the true heroism that flooded our hearts that day. Many Mothers, Fathers, Brothers, Sisters, Aunts, Uncles, Grandparents and Children were lost....but You will never be forgotten. THANK YOU

It's Sunday and you know what that means??!!! It's a new challenge week over at Lasting Memories! This weeks challenge is 'It's All About Black And White'. Your photo and your layout needs to be black and white. Easier said than done for me! I don't know why but I had the hardest time making this lo. I do like how it came out but OMG it took me FOREVER!! So for me this was def a challenge! If you have a hard time too, make sure you check out the other Design Team's pages, they came up with some beautiful layouts to get inspiration from!

My page is about my son and his dislike for me taking pics of him! 2 weeks ago we went to church for the first time and I wanted to take pics of this. Why? So I could scrapbook it of course!! He looked at me and said "MOM!" "I don't want to take pictures!" So I just kept snapping away in the hopes of one cute pic. After playing around with my new printers software, I really liked all the pics I got of that day and made a collage. I had an extra pic and was going to make a 2 page lo but decided to hide it with journaling on the back (was hard enough making 1 page black and white!).


 The title was made with Sure Cuts A Lot and black Sharpie
 Flower and whatever those round things are called I made them!
 The flourish is a sizzix dye I used in my Cuttlebug
 The extra pic has a button tied to it with journaling on the back.
 This is a Tim Holtz dye I won from A Creative Journey.



I was sure this lo would end up as a flop and I would smack myself in the head as I mutter 'epic fail' to myself....BUT....I actually really like the way it came out. THANK GOODNESS! Cause I would not like to let down my new Design Team at Lasting Memories!!

OK...now YOUR turn!!! Go right now to Lasting Memories, check out the rest of the Design Team, give them some love and get to scrappin! Make sure you link your layout by Saturday night because a new challenge will begin next Sunday. Thank you sooo much for checking me out!

xoxo Charity LMDT

9 comments:

Vicki said...

Charity, you did an excellent job. I love all the photos and the dots on everything. The idea of hiding and journaling on the extra photo is so clever.

Vicki
LM DT

Michele said...

Oh Charity! You would never let us down! This layout is FABULOUS!! It's so fun and I just LOVE your idea behind it. My daughter is starting to get to where she dislikes her picture taken. (Hmmpph) I think this is such a great memory of this "Time" with your son. Fun folded flowers, great embellies all around! Love it!! :-)

Karen Wilson said...

Charity! Are you kiddng me? Let us down? No way!! I LOVE this LO! For all the hard work you put into, it certainly shows. I love your pic idea too, how sweet is that and he looks so handsome!!! I love how all your embellishments pop. Absolutely stunning!!!

Aim said...

What I really, really, really want to know is... If the high-speed version took 3min and 33seconds, how long did the whole thing take??? I found the video to be so much FUN!! :) Thanks for sharing that... The layout is spectacular -- I LOVE the rosettes (I'm a HUGE fan of rosettes myself) -- And I love that you used swirlies and girly things on a layout that is completely un-girly!! :) AWESOME!! :)

Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
Lasting Memories DTM

Wendy said...

I really love the hidden photo!! What a great idea! And those pictures are just too adorable. What a sweetie!

The Crafty Caryn said...

Love all of your embellishements. They really showcase your layout. Love the hidden photo...I may have to try this out soon. Caryn LM DT

Evanna said...

I love it! I love it all! I really like the title! That made me smile. And I like the flourish with the pearls. It is all lovely!!

Unknown said...

This is awesome...I love all the polka dots. The pictures are fabulous.
Hugs
Brenda
I would be honored if you came to see my blog here

Denise Pustelniak said...

I love the way you added multiple photos! Gorgeous LO!